Carbon X1 3rd gen mismapped keys

Richard Neill-4
Dear all,

I wonder if anyone else has seen the same problem with mis-mapped keys
on the Carbon 3rdGen. It's a bit weird:

Home    =>  Nothing happens
Insert  =>  Nothing happens
Delete  =>  Nothing happens
End     =>  Acts like Delete.

I'm running an updated version of Ubuntu 16.10, using the 105-key(intl)
layout, having previously tried other distros. The odd thing is that
"xev" shows no response whatsoever to Home/Insert/Delete, nor does
"showkey -s" (even if I run it on the console, not in X). Likewise, cat
/dev/input/event3 shows a response to Eend, but not to Home/Ins/Del.

I don't think there's any physical damage, and the machine has always
worked this way.

Thanks for your ideas.

Richard

Re: Carbon X1 3rd gen mismapped keys

Chris Schumann
My x1g3 seems to work fine, both in Fedora and Windows.

I'd try a live CD next.

Chris