Debian sid on x270

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Debian sid on x270

Shin Ice
Hi all,

first mail in this list, also first post on the debian wiki =)

I'm acctually setting up a page on the debian wiki with all infos
regarding the x270 which I'm running with sid.

https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Thinkpad/X270/sid

I'm not yet at the ende and have some more things to write down. I'm new
to this kind of "work", so I would be really happy if you can point me out
if there is something important missing, would be also happy for any
kind of hint =)

Thanks and c'ya

Shin

--

I'm just a placeholder for a really awesome signature...
...that is still missing *sob*

--
The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:
http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-thinkpad

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Debian sid on x270

Yves-Alexis Perez-2
On Sun, 2017-07-16 at 22:38 +0200, Shin Ice wrote:
> https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Thinkpad/X270/sid
>
> I'm not yet at the ende and have some more things to write down. I'm new
> to this kind of "work", so I would be really happy if you can point me out
> if there is something important missing, would be also happy for any
> kind of hint =)

Hi, thanks for that work. I never finished my own wiki page on the X250, but I
summarized the basic information on my own webpage on https://www.corsac.net/X
250/ feel free to get inspiration there.

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis
--
The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:
http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-thinkpad

signature.asc (499 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Debian sid on x270

Shin Ice
Hi,

On Tue, Sep 05, 2017 at 10:42:05PM +0200, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
>
> Hi, thanks for that work. I never finished my own wiki page on the X250, but I
> summarized the basic information on my own webpage on https://www.corsac.net/X
> 250/ feel free to get inspiration there.
>

Thanks :)
Actually I can't find the time to go on adding some stuff, but thanks
for the link, have now some idea of things that I can/will add =)

c'ya
Shin

--

I'm just a placeholder for a really awesome signature...
...that is still missing *sob*

--
The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:
http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-thinkpad

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Debian sid on x270

Bjørn Mork
In reply to this post by Yves-Alexis Perez-2
Yves-Alexis Perez <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi, thanks for that work. I never finished my own wiki page on the X250, but I
> summarized the basic information on my own webpage on https://www.corsac.net/X
> 250/ feel free to get inspiration there.

Thanks a lot for writing up these firmware update instructions:
https://www.corsac.net/X250/#uefi-firmware-update

Very useful!

The instructions are of course generic enough to work for most (all?)
current Thinkpads, provided you start out with the correct ISO image.
I've used your procedure for the last two updates on my X1 Carbon 4th.



Bjørn
--
The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:
http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-thinkpad
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Debian sid on x270

Yves-Alexis Perez-2
On Thu, 2017-09-14 at 09:57 +0200, Bjørn Mork wrote:

> Yves-Alexis Perez <[hidden email]> writes:
>
> > Hi, thanks for that work. I never finished my own wiki page on the X250,
> > but I
> > summarized the basic information on my own webpage on https://www.corsac.n
> > et/X
> > 250/ feel free to get inspiration there.
>
> Thanks a lot for writing up these firmware update instructions:
> https://www.corsac.net/X250/#uefi-firmware-update
>
> Very useful!
>
> The instructions are of course generic enough to work for most (all?)
> current Thinkpads, provided you start out with the correct ISO image.
> I've used your procedure for the last two updates on my X1 Carbon 4th.

Thanks, there was indeed no real reason it wouldn't work for other similar
ThinkPads, but it's good to have confirmation it work!

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis
--
The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:
http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-thinkpad