Docking station with Expresscard and/or SATA for T60?

Docking station with Expresscard and/or SATA for T60?

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger-2
Hi,

is there any docking station compatible with a Thinkpad T60 which
supports plugging in an Expresscard/34 or Expresscard/54 or has some way
to plug in a SATA drive (without hacks like IDE-SATA bridges)?

So far, the only option I've seen which comes somewhat close is the 2503
docking station with a PCIe slot. However, its slots on the side seem to
be card readers (CF etc.) instead of Expresscard.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

Re: Docking station with Expresscard and/or SATA for T60?

Paul Seelig-3
I am not aware about the existence of any such docking station, and i
don't think there is any with any Expresscard feature.

For the 2503 docking station, the closest information i could find is
http://thinkwiki.de/ThinkPad_Advanced_Dock where it still stays unclear
if the included Ultrabay is SATA or still IDE.

On 11/26/2014 11:29 PM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there any docking station compatible with a Thinkpad T60 which
> supports plugging in an Expresscard/34 or Expresscard/54 or has some way
> to plug in a SATA drive (without hacks like IDE-SATA bridges)?
>
> So far, the only option I've seen which comes somewhat close is the 2503
> docking station with a PCIe slot. However, its slots on the side seem to
> be card readers (CF etc.) instead of Expresscard.
>
> Regards,
> Carl-Daniel

Re: Docking station with Expresscard and/or SATA for T60?

Dmitry Mikhailov
On 11/27/2014 03:41 PM, Paul Seelig wrote:
> I am not aware about the existence of any such docking station, and i
> don't think there is any with any Expresscard feature.
There are none.

> For the 2503 docking station, the closest information i could find is
> http://thinkwiki.de/ThinkPad_Advanced_Dock where it still stays unclear
> if the included Ultrabay is SATA or still IDE.
I own one. Ultrabay is 1) IDE and 2) AFAIK connected to host via USB.
Had no problems with hotswap under Linux whatsoever.

Cardreader is old and slow, does not support SDHC and can't be reflashed
to add one (SOIC flash IC soldering req'd)

Best regards,
        Dmitry Mikhailov/