Fan control and thermal sensors on a L440

Fan control and thermal sensors on a L440

Ryan Y
Hi all,

This might be a question better suited for the ibm-acpi-devel list,
but it seems that thinkpad-acpi doesn't completely support my L440.
There are no thermal sensors detected - no /proc/acpi/ibm/thermal
file, and lm-sensors only detects the standard ACPI core temp. The fan
control doesn't work either. There is a /proc/acpi/ibm/fan interface,
but it always reads 0 RPM and there is no effect when I change any
controls.

I've attached my dmesg with options thinkpad_acpi debug=0xffff and the
output from sensors. Any ideas? I'd like to get Linux fan control
working on this machine, because the fan kicks in a lot under the
BIOS.

Thanks, Ryan.

dmesg.txt (86K) Download Attachment
sensors.txt (394 bytes) Download Attachment