Funtion-key mapping switched after recovering from suspend on X130e

Funtion-key mapping switched after recovering from suspend on X130e

Robin Lee
Hi,

I am new here. I use a Fedora on an X130e with "AMD E-300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics".

The keyboard of this model combines Esc to F12 keys with the special function key.

When the machine first booted, the key mapping is:

    Esc is Esc
    Fn+Esc is Mute

But when I recover from a suspend-to-memory . The mapping is switched:

    Esc is Mute
    Fn+Esc is Esc

After a reboot, the mapping is also recovered to the initial status.

I think this may be a bug somewhere in the system.
I have currently Fedora 22 Beta x86_64 and a 4.0.0 kernel on the machine.
This issue have existed for any previous kernels that I have installed on the machine.

I am new to this kind of problem. I would be active to provide any further information or follow any further debugging instructions.

Cheers,
-robin

Re: Funtion-key mapping switched after recovering from suspend on X130e

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh-2
On Wed, Apr 29, 2015, at 12:38, Robin Lee wrote:
I am new here. I use a Fedora on an X130e with "AMD E-300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics".

The keyboard of this model combines Esc to F12 keys with the special function key.

When the machine first booted, the key mapping is:

    Esc is Esc
    Fn+Esc is Mute

But when I recover from a suspend-to-memory . The mapping is switched:

    Esc is Mute
    Fn+Esc is Esc

After a reboot, the mapping is also recovered to the initial status.

Are you using the latest version of the thinkpad firmware (BIOS/UEFI and EC)?

Henrique Holschuh