Laptop-mode and docks?

Rubin Abdi
I have an X220 and one of the fancier mini docks with USB3 and all that
jazz. My X220 has an MSATA drive with all of Debian on it, and a 1TB
platter drive that contains all my media and static-ish files.

Using the package laptop-mode-tools/laptop-mode I've enabled it to spin
down the platter drive after about 8 seconds of idle when I'm not
plugged into a battery, and just leave the drive running when I'm
plugged into wall power. This works fine, however when I plug into a
dock, it seems like most of the time laptop-mode thinks it's still
running off of battery and will spin down the drive constantly.

Has anyone encountered this or a similar issue and has some advice on
how to get laptop-mode to recognize the dock as wall power?

Thanks.

--
Rubin

Re: Laptop-mode and docks?

Alexandre Kalmeijer
Hi, you could try TLP instead.

Op woensdag 17 september 2014 heeft Rubin Abdi <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:

Alexandre Kalmeijer wrote on 2014-09-17 12:58:
> Hi, you could try TLP instead.

Thanks, I had no idea, totally fixed my issue. Switched from laptop-mode
and happily not looking back.

--
Rubin