Lid swap

Jeffrey L. Taylor-9
I have two T520s, one with a failed motherboard, but a high resolution
screen.  Can I just swap lids on the two?  How hard is that?

TIA,
  Jeffrey

Re: Lid swap

dave
On August 13, 2015 3:14:16 PM PDT, "Jeffrey L. Taylor" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have two T520s, one with a failed motherboard, but a high resolution
> screen.  Can I just swap lids on the two?  How hard is that?
>
> TIA,
>   Jeffrey

It's fairly straightforward, but you'll want directions so you know what to take off when.
--
David Griffith

Re: Lid swap

Jeffrey L. Taylor-9
Are the downloadable manuals adequate?

Jeffrey

Quoting David Griffith <[hidden email]>:

> On August 13, 2015 3:14:16 PM PDT, "Jeffrey L. Taylor" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I have two T520s, one with a failed motherboard, but a high resolution
> > screen.  Can I just swap lids on the two?  How hard is that?
> >
> > TIA,
> >   Jeffrey
>
> It's fairly straightforward, but you'll want directions so you know what to take off when.
> --
> David Griffith

Re: Lid swap

Stefan Monnier
> Are the downloadable manuals adequate?

Yes, normally, the downloadable maintenance manuals are definitely
adequate for that (they show step by step how to replace the various
parts).
I can't specifically vouch of the manual of your T520s but I've done
just what you describe (along with changing the CPU) between a T61 and
T60 and it went smoothly.

        Stefan "typing on the aforementioned T61 with T60's screen"