No OS found on x121e after loading default settings in BIOS

No OS found on x121e after loading default settings in BIOS

Frank Baumeister
Hello World!

I have an Thinkpad x121e running Ubuntu 15.10. Yesterday I had some
issues with a hard lock of the bluetooth. I loaded the BIOS defaults and
now there is no OS found.
Is this a problem of UEFI or something else? Any ideas how to fix it?

Regards
Frank Baumeister

Re: No OS found on x121e after loading default settings in BIOS

Evgeni Golov-3
Hi Frank,

On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 04:50:38PM +0100, Frank Baumeister wrote:

> I have an Thinkpad x121e running Ubuntu 15.10. Yesterday I had some issues
> with a hard lock of the bluetooth. I loaded the BIOS defaults and now there
> is no OS found.
> Is this a problem of UEFI or something else? Any ideas how to fix it?

Yeah, this could be UEFI vs Legacy Boot.

No idea how the x121e setup is structured, but you should somewhere find a
"boot mode" entry, or something similar. You should be able to switch between
"both", "UEFI" and "legacy/CSM", try if any change helps here.

Some background: UEFI and "legacy" (BIOS) boot is structured totally different.
While there is no need to use legacy boot these days, it may be that your
Ubuntu is installed in that way and the reset flipped to UEFI boot again.

Greets
Evgeni

Am 17.01.2016 um 19:34 schrieb Evgeni Golov:
> Yeah, this could be UEFI vs Legacy Boot. No idea how the x121e setup
> is structured, but you should somewhere find a "boot mode" entry, or
> something similar. You should be able to switch between "both", "UEFI"
> and "legacy/CSM", try if any change helps here. Some background: UEFI
> and "legacy" (BIOS) boot is structured totally different. While there
> is no need to use legacy boot these days, it may be that your Ubuntu
> is installed in that way and the reset flipped to UEFI boot again.
> Greets Evgeni

That had no effect. I booted from USB - that only worked with UEFI and
Legacy activated. Then I used boot-repair to fix the problem. But the
bluetooth adapter is still hardlocked.

Greets
Frank