Re: WLAN disconnecting (ACPI: PCI interrupt for device 0000:02:02.0 disabled)

Re: WLAN disconnecting (ACPI: PCI interrupt for device 0000:02:02.0 disabled)

Csillag Tamas-2
On 11/29, Jens Mayer wrote:

> Dear readers,
>
> I encounter a strange but nonetheless annoying problem. My WLAN adapter (lspci
> shows: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5212 802.11abg NIC (rev 01))
> disconnects itself after a certain amount of time - the dmesg-log states the
> following:
>
> ACPI: PCI interrupt for device 0000:02:02.0 disabled
> ath_pci: driver unloaded
>
> This happens mostly after some time of inactivity, when I use the Thinkpad
> again after having it idling for a few hours, but it doesnt seem to be really
> related to that.
>
> It's an T41p, kernel is 2.6.14 (happened with other kernels, too), using
> madwifi 0.1_pre20050420-r1 and wpa_supplicant 0.4.5 on Gentoo GNU/Linux.
>
> Any hints on that?

Maybe something removes your kernel modules?
It can be some cronjob ?

Just my thoughts.

--
During the million-dollar BIND 9 rewrite, Paul Vixie characterized the
original BIND code as 'sleazeware produced in a drunken fury by a

cstamas