T43 and suspend2 and suspend-to-ram

Michael Ott
Hello!

Is there anybody out there who have this three thinks work together?
Suspend2 works mostly great but suspend-to-ram mostly not.

Using Debian Sid with 2.6.12. Graphic card is an ATI X300.

Thanks in advance

CU

  Michael

--
           Michael Ott, e-mail: [hidden email], www.zolnott.de
I am registered as user #275453 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org.

Re: T43 and suspend2 and suspend-to-ram

Shem Multinymous
On 12/6/05, Michael Ott <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there anybody out there who have this three thinks work together?
> Suspend2 works mostly great but suspend-to-ram mostly not.

See http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problems_with_SATA_and_Linux .
All work fine here after patching.

  Shem

Re: T43 and suspend2 and suspend-to-ram

Michael Ott
Hello Shem!

> > Is there anybody out there who have this three thinks work together?
> > Suspend2 works mostly great but suspend-to-ram mostly not.
>
> See http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problems_with_SATA_and_Linux .
> All work fine here after patching.
I read this page and build a few kernels (2.6.12 - 2.6.15-rc5) but
mostly suspend2 works and mostly suspend-to-ram do not work.

Do you have a packages or a howto (history listing) anc configs which
show how do you get it to work

CU

  Michael

--
           Michael Ott, e-mail: [hidden email], www.zolnott.de
I am registered as user #275453 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org.

Re: T43 and suspend2 and suspend-to-ram

Gina Haeussge

Re: T43 and suspend2 and suspend-to-ram

Michael Ott
Hello Gina!

> > Is there anybody out there who have this three thinks work together?
> > Suspend2 works mostly great but suspend-to-ram mostly not.
>
> I don't have suspend2, but am constantly using suspend-to-ram without
> any problems, same graphic card, but Debian Etch 2.6.14.2
>
> What problems are you experiencing with Suspend-to-Ram?
The problem is that that resume does not work often. My DVD start to run
and than nothing. No log entry. Nothing.

CU

  Michael

--
           Michael Ott, e-mail: [hidden email], www.zolnott.de
I am registered as user #275453 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org.

Re: T43 and suspend2 and suspend-to-ram

Gina Haeussge

Re: T43 and suspend2 and suspend-to-ram

Michael Ott
Hello Gina!

> > The problem is that that resume does not work often. My DVD start to run
> > and than nothing. No log entry. Nothing.
>
> Hm, that sounds weird, especially when it's not a entirely reproducable
> problem and leaves no trails at all. Are you using the hibernate script
> from suspend2 to invoke the suspend-to-ram, or are you doing an echo -n
> "mem" > /sys/power/state?
Using hibernate script. With my R51 it works great. And i use the same
kernel

Typical log:
Starting suspend at Sun Dec 4 15:02:49 GMT 2005
hibernate: [01] Executing CheckLastResume ...
hibernate: [01] Executing LockFileGet ...
hibernate: [01] Executing NewKernelFileCheck ...
hibernate: [10] Executing EnsureSysfsPowerStateCapable ...
hibernate: [11] Executing XHacksSuspendHook1 ...
hibernate: [12] Executing IbmAcpiStartSuspend ...
hibernate: [20] Executing MiscLaunchAuxFunc1 ...
Executing echo "See you soon!"...
See you soon!
hibernate: [30] Executing ServicesStop ...
Executing invoke-rc.d mysql stop
Stopping MySQL database server: mysqld.
Executing invoke-rc.d cpufreqd stop
Stopping CPU Frequency daemon: cpufreqd.
hibernate: [70] Executing ClockSave ...
hibernate: [89] Executing SaveKernelModprobe ...
Saved /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe is /sbin/modprobe
Saved /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug is /sbin/udevsend
hibernate: [91] Executing ModulesUnloadBlacklist ...
Unloading blacklisted modules listed /etc/hibernate/blacklisted-modules
Module version for ipw2100 is
Module version for ipw2200 is 8
Unloading blacklisted module psmouse (and dependencies)
Unloading psmouse ...
Unloading blacklisted module ehci_hcd (and dependencies)
Unloading ehci_hcd ...
Unloading blacklisted module uhci_hcd (and dependencies)
Unloading uhci_hcd ...
Unloading blacklisted module button (and dependencies)
Unloading button ...
Module version for ndiswrapper is
hibernate: [95] Executing XHacksSuspendHook2 ...
xhacks: changing console from 7 to 15
hibernate: [99] Executing DoSysfsPowerStateSuspend ...
hibernate: Activating sysfs power state mem ...

Thats all.

And my last testet config:
UseSysfsPowerState mem
Verbosity 0
LogFile /var/log/sleep.log
LogVerbosity 5
Distribution debian
UnloadBlacklistedModules yes
LoadModules auto
RestartServices cpufreqd laptop-mode mysql
EnableVbetool yes
VbetoolPost yes
SwitchToTextMode yes
IbmAcpi yes  # I tried it with yes or no

CU

  Michael