T520 supports booting from USB?

Jeffrey L. Taylor-9
Before I spent hair-pulling time, anyone know if the T520 supports booting
from a USB?

TIA,
  Jeffrey

Re: T520 supports booting from USB?

bhaskins
The T510 certainly does, I boot up both of mine that way quite often.
They don't boot from a SD card though which seems a little strange.

On 1/19/2017 9:50 PM, Jeffrey L. Taylor wrote:
> Before I spent hair-pulling time, anyone know if the T520 supports booting
> from a USB?
>
> TIA,
>    Jeffrey

Re: T520 supports booting from USB?

Rubin Abdi

On 19 January 2017 at 20:28, Bert Haskins <[hidden email]> wrote:
They don't boot from a SD card though which seems a little strange.

Most ThinkPads from that era have SD cards that are PCI devices, not USB. And yes for whatever reason they never made that specific device a bootable option in the bios.

Re: T520 supports booting from USB?

Kai Hendry-2
On my T460s I had to disable Secure boot in order to boot from USB.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnYZAr-BaK0&index=3&list=PLiKgVPlhUNuxgKwoVH4MMUy5MLqjAE2ux

Re: T520 supports booting from USB?

harry mangalam

T530 does as well.