T520 supports booting from USB?

Axel Braun
Am Freitag, 20. Januar 2017, 12:01:00 CET schrieb linux-thinkpad-
[hidden email]:

> Before I spent hair-pulling time, anyone know if the T520 supports booting
> from a USB?

Yes, just hit F12 once the T520 starts up.

HTH
Axel

Installing Arch on a X220

Arno Trautmann
Hi all,

I'm trying to install an Arch Linux on my "new" X220. So far I did not
succeed, getting stuck after the reboot since the boot loader do not
work. My first try was an EFI, the second I tried to get grub running,
but both did not work. Now, before I try again to provide thorough error
messages so that someone could help me, some general questions:

• Does anybody have managed to install Arch on the X220 and are there
some special things to consider?
• Should I try to get EFI running or is BIOS fine/better?
• For both cases: Does an SSD cause troubles? The machine has separate
HDD and SSD, so far I only tried the SSD.
• Regarding the latter one: I'm just curious, where the SSD is, but did
not find it upon a (not too far-going) disassembly. It's not a hybrid
drive, since I took out the HDD and it still booted (when windows was
still on it).

Really appreciate any hints here,
best
Arno

Re: Installing Arch on a X220

Kai Hendry-2
If UEFI boot enabled in the BIOS? Does /sys/firmware/efi appear?

I just created a video how to quickly install Archlinux on UEFI system
here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfC5hgdtbWY

Kind regards,

Re: Installing Arch on a X220

Arno Trautmann
On 02/05/2017 02:20 AM, Kai Hendry wrote:
> If UEFI boot enabled in the BIOS?

How can I find out? If by:

> Does /sys/firmware/efi appear?

Yes, it does.

> I just created a video how to quickly install Archlinux on UEFI system
> here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfC5hgdtbWY

Damn, should have found that a few days earlier :D

Best,
Arno