Thinkpad T420 doesn't boot gpt

Bertrand Caplet
Hey guys,

I have a problem with Lenovo Thinkpad T420 and GPT partitions.
My computer just denies booting on GPT partitions. It returns to boot
menu over and over.
Well I need to boot GPT (lvm) to boot on proxmox. Do you have a workaround ?

Thanks in advance,
CHUNKZ.NET - script kiddie and computer technician
Bertrand Caplet, Flers (FR)
Feel free to send encrypted/signed messages
Key ID: FF395BD9
GPG FP: DE10 73FD 17EB 5544 A491 B385 1EDA 35DC FF39 5BD9

Re: Thinkpad T420 doesn't boot gpt

Luca Fornasari

Well  Proxmox VE on a laptop sounds not so great ... also I don't have much experience with GPT on ThinkPad.
Anyway you can install a stock Debian and later add Proxmox repository.
It's also documented on their wiki.

Cheers
Luca

Le 2015-02-27 07:21, Luca Fornasari a écrit :
> Well  Proxmox VE on a laptop sounds not so great ... also I don't have
> much experience with GPT on ThinkPad.
>  Anyway you can install a stock Debian and later add Proxmox
> repository.
>  It's also documented on their wiki.
>
> Cheers
>  Luca

Well, it's not for professional use and just for slave/spare server so I
don't mind.
Yes, I did try that but indeed it doesn't work because layout is GPT and
not MBR.
I think I've to try not lvm boot partition and change layout to MBR.

CHUNKZ.NET - dodgy DIYer and computer technician
Bertrand Caplet, Flers (FR)
Feel free to send encrypted/signed messages
Key ID: FF395BD9
GPG FP: DE10 73FD 17EB 5544 A491 B385 1EDA 35DC FF39 5BD9

Re: Thinkpad T420 doesn't boot gpt

Elimar Riesebieter
* Bertrand Caplet <[hidden email]> [2015-02-27 14:01 +0100]:

> Le 2015-02-27 07:21, Luca Fornasari a écrit :
> >Well  Proxmox VE on a laptop sounds not so great ... also I don't have
> >much experience with GPT on ThinkPad.
> > Anyway you can install a stock Debian and later add Proxmox
> >repository.
> > It's also documented on their wiki.
> >
> >Cheers
> > Luca
>
> Well, it's not for professional use and just for slave/spare server so I
> don't mind.
> Yes, I did try that but indeed it doesn't work because layout is GPT and not
> MBR.
> I think I've to try not lvm boot partition and change layout to MBR.

GPT is not essential to run LVM.

Elimar
--
 Never make anything simple and efficient when a way
  can be found to make it complex and wonderful ;-)

Re: Thinkpad T420 doesn't boot gpt

Bertrand Caplet
> GPT is not essential to run LVM.
>
> Elimar

Yes, I figured out this. I didn't know before.
Debian format with GPT layout. But I did convert it to MBR and it's
alright. And it's booting UEFI.

Thanks again,