Thinkpad t450s...

David-2
I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad t450s as a dual boot of Windows 8.1 and
LinuxMint v17.3 and want to set up shortcuts to access the web browser,
email client, and Home directory.

On my desktop, using the same version of Linux, the appropriate keys are:

XF86 HomePage
XF86 Browser
XF86 Mail

I have looked closely at the t450s keyboard until my eyes screw up but
cannot determine which are the XF86 keys.

Is anyone able to help solve my problem and explain to me, not too
technically, which keys are the appropriate ones to set as short cuts to
the three programs, please?

David

--
David
Diplomacy: Saying 'nice doggy'... until you find a rock

Re: Thinkpad t450s...

Yves-Alexis Perez-2
On jeu., 2015-12-17 at 15:43 +1300, David wrote:
> I have looked closely at the t450s keyboard until my eyes screw up but
> cannot determine which are the XF86 keys.

I don't think there are any.

> Is anyone able to help solve my problem and explain to me, not too
> technically, which keys are the appropriate ones to set as short cuts to
> the three programs, please?

Just use any key you want, actually.
--
Yves-Alexis

Re: Thinkpad t450s...

Evgeni Golov-3

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 03:43:51PM +1300, David wrote:

> I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad t450s as a dual boot of Windows 8.1 and
> LinuxMint v17.3 and want to set up shortcuts to access the web browser,
> email client, and Home directory.
>
> On my desktop, using the same version of Linux, the appropriate keys are:
>
> XF86 HomePage
> XF86 Browser
> XF86 Mail
>
> I have looked closely at the t450s keyboard until my eyes screw up but
> cannot determine which are the XF86 keys.
>
> Is anyone able to help solve my problem and explain to me, not too
> technically, which keys are the appropriate ones to set as short cuts to
> the three programs, please?

If the keyboard of the T450s is anything like the one of the T440s (and
I assume it is the very same keyboard) then there are no such keys you
could use.

Greets
Evgeni

--
Bruce Schneier can read and understand Perl programs.

Re: Thinkpad t450s...

heroxbd
Hi David,

David <[hidden email]> writes:

> I have looked closely at the t450s keyboard until my eyes screw up but
> cannot determine which are the XF86 keys.
>
> Is anyone able to help solve my problem and explain to me, not too
> technically, which keys are the appropriate ones to set as short cuts to
> the three programs, please?

I usually use xev(1) to identify which key means which under X.

Cheers,
Benda