Third party battery source?

Keith Lofstrom
I hope to keep my old X61 thinkpads going forever.
However, Lenovo no longer makes the power batteries.
I've had poor luck with random eBay suppliers, so far.
Is there a trustworthy source of durable X61 power
batteries out there?  3 year lifetime, minimum.

Keith

--
Keith Lofstrom          [hidden email]

Re: Third party battery source?

Chris Schumann
I've been happy with Kahlon. Batteries don't last 3 years for me, but their's are as good as any and better than most.

They actually put their name on them.

Chris

On February 23, 2018 5:46:08 PM CST, Keith Lofstrom <[hidden email]> wrote:
I hope to keep my old X61 thinkpads going forever.
However, Lenovo no longer makes the power batteries.
I've had poor luck with random eBay suppliers, so far.
Is there a trustworthy source of durable X61 power
batteries out there? 3 year lifetime, minimum.

Keith

Re: Third party battery source? - thanks!

Keith Lofstrom

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 09:19:40AM -0600, Chris Schumann wrote:
> I've been happy with Kahlon. Batteries don't last 3 years for me,
> but their's are as good as any and better than most.

Thank you for reminding me about Kahlon.

I bought laptop RAM from them years ago, which still works.

A 1 year warranty suggests that almost all the batteries
last at least that long, so some capacity may remain after
three years for some of the batch.

Keith

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 12:07:19PM -0800, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> Thank you for reminding me about Kahlon.

The replacement battery for my X61 Thinkpad arrived more
than two weeks after my order.  No response to email and
no reason given for the delay.  They shipped on a
Saturday, so somebody was working overtime ...

My guess is that Kahlon doesn't stock batteries for 10yo
Thinkpads in their US warehouse, and got one from Asia.

The battery has been in the X61 for a week and is still
working at design capacity.  We'll see how it works in
6 months, and at the end of the 1 year warranty period.

Oh, how I wish somebody still made "tall screen" laptops,
and batteries with long warranties.

Keith

--
Keith Lofstrom          [hidden email]