Trackpoint settings

Joachim Breitner-2
Hi,

after upgrading from a T430s to a T360s I fail to find the right
Trackpoint settings (speed, sensitivity – what else?) that allow me to
the same amount of precision and efficiency than I had before.

Do you have recommendations about what settings I should try?

More general, is there a good description of what speed, sensitivity
and the other settings actually _mean_?

Thanks,
Joachim

--
Joachim “nomeata” Breitner
  [hidden email]https://www.joachim-breitner.de/

Re: Trackpoint settings

Kai Hendry-2
Hi Joachim!!

I think you maybe confused as I am about the "new way" of using
libinput.

Sidenote: My T460s trackpoint just feels odd compared to my previous
Thinkpads and I've taken to using an external wireless mouse. Thanks
Lenovo for destroying my love for the nipple so I can summon the courage
to buy other hardware for the next update. ;)

Re: Trackpoint settings

Joachim Breitner-2
Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 08.02.2017, 09:50 +0800 schrieb Kai Hendry:

> Hi Joachim!!
>
> I think you maybe confused as I am about the "new way" of using
> libinput.
> https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/4384
>
> Sidenote: My T460s trackpoint just feels odd compared to my previous
> Thinkpads and I've taken to using an external wireless mouse. Thanks
> Lenovo for destroying my love for the nipple so I can summon the
> courage
> to buy other hardware for the next update. ;)
after writing my message, I experimented with these settings, and it
feels better:

$ cat /etc/udev/rules.d/10-trackpoint.rules
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="serio", DRIVERS=="psmouse", ATTR{sensitivity}="255", ATTR{speed}="140"

Greetings,
Joachim

Am Freitag, den 17.02.2017, 21:05 -0500 schrieb Joachim Breitner:

> Hi,
>
> Am Mittwoch, den 08.02.2017, 09:50 +0800 schrieb Kai Hendry:
> > Hi Joachim!!
> >
> > I think you maybe confused as I am about the "new way" of using
> > libinput.
> > https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/4384
> >
> > Sidenote: My T460s trackpoint just feels odd compared to my previous
> > Thinkpads and I've taken to using an external wireless mouse. Thanks
> > Lenovo for destroying my love for the nipple so I can summon the
> > courage
> > to buy other hardware for the next update. ;)
>
> after writing my message, I experimented with these settings, and it
> feels better:
>
> $ cat /etc/udev/rules.d/10-trackpoint.rules
> ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="serio", DRIVERS=="psmouse",
> ATTR{sensitivity}="255", ATTR{speed}="140"
it feels better, but I often get spurious movement of the trackpoint,
which is quite annoying. Did anyone see that as well?

Greetings,
Joachim