UEFI, grub problem

Uwe Brauer-2
Hi

After my first installed failed in the sense that ubuntu did not reboot,
I followed the instructions in
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEFI

And installed the boot loader in the efi partion.

However when I reboot, I see the family ubuntu option but then only grub
is shown

Ls on the grub prompt gives the following which I attach

I am thinking of erasing the whole windows partion but I am afraid that
then nothing is booted.

Any comment would be strongly appreciated.

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

grup> Ls
(hd0) (hd1) (hd1,gpt8) (hd1,gpt7) (hd1,gpt6) (hd1,gpt5) (hd1,gpt4)
(hd1,gpt3) (hd1,gpt2) (hd1,gpt1)
error: failure reading sector 0x3c4f8- from hd0
error: failure reading sector 0x0- from hd0

Re: UEFI, grub problem

Kai Hendry-2
Hi Uwe,

I highly recommend using systemd's bootctl instead of grub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfC5hgdtbWY

Cheers,