Unable to install Ubuntu on New Leveno Ideapad 330

Unable to install Ubuntu on New Leveno Ideapad 330

mitch Stanley
Hi, A member of PLUG ( Portland Linxux User Group)  provided me your email to assist me in installing Ubuntu 16.04 onto my new Leveno Laptop from Costco -

Leveno Idea Pad 330 I purchased recently. Trying to install from Linux Format magazine CD - Ubuntu 16.04.

Thank you, Mitch Stanley

PS, I'm an Advanced Beginner & installed successfully Ubuntu on Thinkpad 300 & 400 ( Purchased Refurbished).  Set BIOS to Boot from CD but system getting message that function not allowed. I do not to have a Dual boot but ....

Thanks in Advance, Mitch