X1 3rd gen and linux

Rubin Abdi
Hi there. Just wondering if anyone's gotten one of the newer X1s and how it's fairing under modern linux? Thanks.

Re: X1 3rd gen and linux

Robert Tomsick
I have one of the ones released in 2015 (3rd gen), and it works
flawlessly under Fedora 23.

Not sure about the ones that they just released (4th gen) in 2016
though.

-Rob

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016, at 11:56 AM, Rubin Abdi wrote:
> Hi there. Just wondering if anyone's gotten one of the newer X1s and how
> it's fairing under modern linux? Thanks.
>
> --
> Rubin

Re: X1 3rd gen and linux

Richard Neill-4
Hi Rubin,

Yes, I've got one and it works really well under Ubuntu 15.10.

Even the wifi (which used to be a bit flaky; see discussion on the Arch
wiki), and the mobile phone embedded modem.

I have the non-touch version, which is much nicer (better screen because
less reflective).

The only quirk I still see is that the keyboard (UK layout) has the END
key acting like DEL, and the DEL key does nothing.

HTH,

Richard