[X240] Changing internal SSD

Leandro Noferini
Ciao a tutti,

I have a Lenovo X240 with an SSD INTEL SSDSC2BW180A3 with 173 GB
capacity.

I would like to  change this SSD with one of bigger capacity: what SSD I
can use?

--
leandro
1A0B 125B 2E4D 2DAE 4E26  4551 88FB BBCC 7A29 640B

Re: [X240] Changing internal SSD

Axel Braun
Am Dienstag, 20. Juni 2017, 12:00:02 CEST schrieb linux-thinkpad-
[hidden email]:
> I would like to  change this SSD with one of bigger capacity: what SSD I
> can use?

Take one of the 'professional' series of Kingston or maybe Samsung.

Samsung EVO 840 is not one I would consider - it died a month after warranty
period was over, and Samsung was not polite in covering this.

I have switched now to a KINGSTON SEDC400

HTH
Axel

Axel Braun <[hidden email]> writes:

>> I would like to change this SSD with one of bigger capacity: what SSD
>> I can use?
>
> Take one of the 'professional' series of Kingston or maybe Samsung.
>
> Samsung EVO 840 is not one I would consider - it died a month after warranty
> period was over, and Samsung was not polite in covering this.
>
> I have switched now to a KINGSTON SEDC400

Are there some issues about incompatibility with bios and various
models and brands?

--
leandro
1A0B 125B 2E4D 2DAE 4E26  4551 88FB BBCC 7A29 640B
https://bbs.cybervalley.org/ChiaveLeandro/gpg.html
http://6xukrlqedfabdjrb.onion
La caratteritica principale dei miracoli è che non accadono

Re: [X240] Changing internal SSD

Florian Reitmeir
Am 24.06.2017 um 09:34 schrieb Leandro Noferini:

> Axel Braun <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>>> I would like to change this SSD with one of bigger capacity: what SSD
>>> I can use?
>> Take one of the 'professional' series of Kingston or maybe Samsung.
>>
>> Samsung EVO 840 is not one I would consider - it died a month after warranty
>> period was over, and Samsung was not polite in covering this.
>>
>> I have switched now to a KINGSTON SEDC400
> Are there some issues about incompatibility with bios and various
> models and brands?

not that i know

--
Dipl.-Inf. Florian Reitmeir | Pradlerstr 29a - Top 13 | 6020 Innsbruck
+43 670 6051903 | PGP E3F7 DDFB 7CEB 121B 156A D11F F22E DEC8 6317 5E70