express card likes to pop out

David Griffith-5

In my T420, there is a narrow-type express card slot.  The only thing I
could think of to put in there is a USB3 card.  The push-latch /
push-eject nature of the slot makes it a bit annoying to use the card.  I
will often insert a cable and then the card pops out.  Looking under the
keyboard, I can almost see how I can screw down a piece of metal or
plastic to keep the card from popping out.  Has anyone else done something
like this?

--
David Griffith
[hidden email]

A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Re: express card likes to pop out

Christoph Schmees
Am 22.03.2015 um 04:01 schrieb David Griffith:

> In my T420, there is a narrow-type express card slot.  The only thing I
> could think of to put in there is a USB3 card.  The push-latch /
> push-eject nature of the slot makes it a bit annoying to use the card.  I
> will often insert a cable and then the card pops out.  Looking under the
> keyboard, I can almost see how I can screw down a piece of metal or
> plastic to keep the card from popping out.  Has anyone else done something
> like this?

+1

I observe exactly the same issue. This is my work-around: Either
I have plugged in the USB cable before inserting the EC. Or I
hold the EC firmly when plugging in an USB. Annoying it is, yes.

Christoph