hard case for a Thinkpad T440s

Carles Pina i Estany-2

Hello,

I'm getting ready for some long backpacking with my Lenovo T440s.

I've found this:
http://www.pelican.com/us/en/product/watertight-protector-hard-cases/hardback-case/laptop-case/1085/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009BCIA8M/ref=s9_simh_gw_p421_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=0PXA4NYFRN8HSW86FPXW&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=577049067&pf_rd_i=desktop

I'm wondering if anyone here has some experience with this case and a
T440s or any other hard case (perhaps a bit lighter?).
I want to be able to put the laptop in a huge backpack without getting
worried that it's getting smashed with other heavy stuff. Waterproof and
sandproof is nice as well!

The interior is of that Pelican size is (but there is the foam as well):
 36.3 x 26.3 x 5 cm

The Lenovo is smaller:
 33.1 x 22.6 x 2.06

Carles Pina i Estany
        Web: http://pinux.info || Blog: http://pintant.cat
        GPG Key 0x8CD5C157

Re: hard case for a Thinkpad T440s

Holger Levsen-2
Hi,

On Mittwoch, 17. Februar 2016, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone here has some experience with this case and a
> T440s or any other hard case (perhaps a bit lighter?).

not with this case, but with other pelicases, which IME are totally awesome
and worth it! these cases really are what they say they are.

> I want to be able to put the laptop in a huge backpack without getting
> worried that it's getting smashed with other heavy stuff. Waterproof and
> sandproof is nice as well!

seems that cases suites your needs well :)

> The interior is of that Pelican size is (but there is the foam as well):
>  36.3 x 26.3 x 5 cm
>
> The Lenovo is smaller:
>  33.1 x 22.6 x 2.06

I guess that will fit nicely.

Happy travelling!

cheers,
        Holger

On Feb/18/2016, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mittwoch, 17. Februar 2016, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> > I'm wondering if anyone here has some experience with this case and a
> > T440s or any other hard case (perhaps a bit lighter?).
>
> not with this case, but with other pelicases, which IME are totally
> awesome and worth it! these cases really are what they say they are.

I've received my Pelican 1085 case for my Lenovo T440s and fits very
well.

And the case seems well done, I'm happy with it!