infrared and suspend on a T41

graziano-4
Hello,

I just recentely discover the joy of lirc. And simultaneously I
discovered that the infrared port doesn't work after a suspend/resume
cycle. I tried to compile in the kernel the pnp options, so that I can
disable and renalbe the port, but to not avail. With ISA pnp, setpnp
locks my machine (after I suspend/resume) and the ACPI pnp doesn't do the
trick.

Is anybody using the infrared port after a suspend/resume cycle? Is there
a mgical incantation?

thanks
graziano

Re: infrared and suspend on a T41

Tino Keitel
On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 10:03:46 -0800, obi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just recentely discover the joy of lirc. And simultaneously I
> discovered that the infrared port doesn't work after a suspend/resume
> cycle. I tried to compile in the kernel the pnp options, so that I can
> disable and renalbe the port, but to not avail. With ISA pnp, setpnp
> locks my machine (after I suspend/resume) and the ACPI pnp doesn't do the
> trick.
>
> Is anybody using the infrared port after a suspend/resume cycle? Is there
> a mgical incantation?

Not, but it's a known problem. The was already a request to add the
nsc-ircc module to the suspend2 blacklist. Removing the module before
suspend and reloading it after the resume should solve this. However, I
don't know if lirc has also to be stoppen and restarted when doing
this.

Regards,
Tino

Re: infrared and suspend on a T41

Konstantin Filtschew
hi,

what should work, is to disable lirc and unload the module before you
suspend.

I've used the irda port, but it was long ago. Try to unload the module
before you suspend.

Greetz

Konstantin Filtschew

--
Building an operation system without source code,
is like buying a  self assemble space shuttle without