upgrading the modem dughter card on an R40

upgrading the modem dughter card on an R40

shorty-2
Am just doing a bit of homework on possibly upgrading my R40's daughter
card to include bluetooth. Its a 2722-GDM, but as per usual, i can never
find the parts I am after on the ibm/lenovo site. (i even put one part
no. in, to have it come up, only to put it in the next time and for them
to say that its unavailable. I tried three different part no's and no
joy) Anyway, assuming I can get the part, has anyone got any advice on
installing the antenna into the lcd? This one has a mini-pci wireless
card, I dont suppose I can tie into that antennae?

Regards

Shorty

Re: upgrading the modem dughter card on an R40

Noah Dain
On 12/4/05, shorty <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am just doing a bit of homework on possibly upgrading my R40's daughter
> card to include bluetooth. Its a 2722-GDM, but as per usual, i can never
> find the parts I am after on the ibm/lenovo site. (i even put one part
> no. in, to have it come up, only to put it in the next time and for them
> to say that its unavailable. I tried three different part no's and no
> joy) Anyway, assuming I can get the part, has anyone got any advice on
> installing the antenna into the lcd? This one has a mini-pci wireless
> card, I dont suppose I can tie into that antennae?
>
> Regards
>
> Shorty

It's all in the maintenance manual:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-45899